The membership reserves the exclusive right to determine who shall be members of this church and the conditions of such membership. When a person responds to an invitation during a worship service, it is our desire that there be a welcoming of that saved person, by the church assembled, into the family of God, but this welcoming does not automatically make them a member of MCF.
Candidacy for membership
Any person may offer himself/herself as a candidate for membership. Any questions that may arise regarding a particular candidate for membership of the church will be dealt with privately by Elders and Deacons.
How Candidates will be received
- Express a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior evidenced by a changed life and a growing desire for intimacy and holiness before God.
- Have been or willing to be baptized by immersion after profession of faith.
- Transfer of Membership Letter from another church of like faith and order.
Requirements for membership
- Attend and complete a Prospective Member’s Class. At this time you will, at a minimum, be made aware of the history, spiritual doctrines and governance of MCF, and opportunities for service
- Opportunity will be given by MCF for prospective members to meet with the Senior Pastor, or at least one Elder to discuss the items above and any other issue a prospective member might have.
- Affirm the Church Mission Statement and Vision statement:
- Mission Statement: Loving God, Loving People, and Making Disciples.
- Vision Statement: Desiring to know God passionately.
Dedicated to grow as a family in Christ.
Developing believers to go serve by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- After completing the steps listed above, prospective members will be presented to the church for an official membership approval by a voice acclimation vote.