The membership reserves the exclusive right to determine who shall be members of this church and the conditions of such membership. When a person responds to an invitation during a worship service, it is our desire that there be a welcoming of that saved person, by the church assembled, into the family of God, but this welcoming does not automatically make them a member of MCF.
Candidacy for membership
Any person may offer himself/herself as a candidate for membership. Any questions that may arise regarding a particular candidate for membership of the church will be dealt with privately by Elders and Deacons.
How Candidates will be received
- Express a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior evidenced by a changed life and a growing desire for intimacy and holiness before God.
- Have been or willing to be baptized by immersion after profession of faith.
- Transfer of Membership Letter from another church of like faith and order.
Requirements for membership
- Attend and complete a Prospective Member’s Class. At this time you will, at a minimum, be made aware of the history, spiritual doctrines and governance of MCF, and opportunities for service
- Opportunity will be given by MCF for prospective members to meet with the Senior Pastor, or at least one Elder to discuss the items above and any other issue a prospective member might have.
- Affirm the Church Mission Statement and Vision statement:
Mission Statement: Loving God, Loving People, and Making Disciples.
Vision Statement: Desiring to know God passionately. Dedicated to grow as a family in Christ. Developing believers to go serve by the power of the Holy Spirit.
d. After completing the steps listed above, prospective members will be presented to the church for an official membership approval by a voice acclimation vote.